Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dusting off the blog

I'm going to try to get back in the swing of posting.  again.
After girls' camp, Grandma took D and K with her back to Utah for two weeks! The have been looking forward to this for months.  I kind of have been too but with a little trepidation.  I wasn't sure how K would do and I wasn't sure how A would be.  Turns out K did fine and A was a clingy, chatty shadow.  As soon as Roy got home at night, A would be right at his side until it was time to put her to bed.  During the day I couldn't get her to leave my side.  She is so used to having people to play with and doesn't like to be alone.
I've only spoken to K and D a few times.  They are having too much fun to miss home or talk on the phone much.  K had a few rough nights around bedtime but she got over those and all is well.  It is good to know they can survive without me for a few weeks!
I had asked my mom to bring up her carpet shampooer so that while the kids were gone I could shampoo the carpet.  That's part of why I haven't blogged.  Not much to say...
A's opinion about all the cleaning going on around here.
She slept like this for nearly 90 minutes.  Wowza.  Talk about uncomfortable! 
We did go blueberry picking one Saturday morning though.  Lucky little A followed Roy around filling her bucket with blueberries and keeping up a constant stream of chatter and questions.
She was pretty proud of her haul and did a really good job of not eating the berries until we paid for them. 
Tomorrow, A and I are off for Utah.  We will drive all day to get Draper before we begin our two day tour of Utah!  Wish us luck!

No comments: