Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, June 2, 2013

There may be some gaps in his education

Actual events from this morning:
Mom: "D, go get in the shower. Wash everywhere."
25 minutes later
Mom: "D, I thought I told you to wash everywhere.  Why didn't you wash your hair?"
D: "I did wash my hair."
Mom (inspecting the damp ring of hair around his neck and observing the bone dry hair on top of his head): "Really?"
D: (disgusted to be questioned): "YES I DID."
Mom: "I don't think so.  Try again."
5 minutes later
Mom: "Putting your head under the tap while the water is running doesn't count as washing your hair."
D: "But I put soap on it!"
Mom: "Get back in there.  I'm coming to wash you."

So I did.  He was not happy about it.  He has developed a strong sense of privacy which is just fine.  Except that he apparently doesn't know how to shower.  I washed him from head to toe.  Again, he was.not.happy.  But I felt extra validation when I turned around and realized the underwear he removed for this shower was the same underwear he removed for his first shower.  Sigh.

No comments: