Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday.  I have learned a few things in my days.  Which is why I invited friends over last night for games.  I love Roy and he is good at many many things.  Birthday celebrations are not necessary one of those things.
So I invited a few couples over to play games last night.  It was great.  We laughed and snacked and played Logos.  If you haven't ever played this game I recommend it.  Very fun.
Today we started like any other Saturday - with me strongly encouraging the kids to clean their rooms.  (Tangent: it is incredibly depressing to be typing this in a messy house that was totally picked up less than 10 hours ago. depressing.)  Then we loaded up our bikes and headed out for some fun in the sun.  Hooray for sunshine!
We rode a couple miles on a trail near our house.  It was fun with a nice playground break in the middle where I was able to call my brother and parents.  Fun fact, my brother's birthday is today as well.  He was born on my fourth birthday.  Fun, huh?
My friend Kydee offered to watch the kids while Roy and I went to dinner.  So we took her up on it and headed out to Red Robin for freckled lemonade and bottomless steak fries.  Love that place!  Red Robin, Yummmm.
We deliberately went out early so we could come home and have a family movie night with the kids.  We finished the night with The Mighty Ducks.  Talk about a throw back but the kids enjoyed it.
For my birthday, Roy got me a gift certificate to go get my hair done by my neighbor.  She is very good at what she does and I'm hoping she can give me a hair make-over some direction.  I am proud of Roy.  I mentioned to Roy a week or so ago about that I was thinking of biting the expense bullet and going to Keely to get my hair done.  He remembered this conversation and took the initiative to make it happen.  Perhaps he has learned a few things about me in his day!  I would probably never have "gotten around" to doing this for myself.  Now I just have to get an appointment.  She's only booked 8-10 weeks out so that should be no problem!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a good time. Totally spaced it being your birthday time-ish when I saw you the other day. We could have partied.