Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Baby L is 6 months!

 He's growing up so fast!!! He measured 27.5 inches long, 16 lbs 8 oz.  He's actually below the average for his size but he doesn't look it.  But he's healthy so we're happy!
 We tried some solid foods in January.  He wasn't ready -- judging by the fact he just looked at me and completely ignored the rice in his mouth.  No spitting, gumming or swallowing.  Just plain oblivion.
So we tried again this week.  Success!  Applesauce is good! And rice! Eating is good! We love food!
 Sleeping is going well.  He still sucks his front two fingers with a decided preference for his right hand.  Although once he is asleep he doesn't really need his fingers for comfort.
 L is a happy happy baby! He usually wakes up with a smile.  This picture was taken only moments after he opened his eyes one morning.
 Even though he learned to roll over months ago he hasn't really progressed passed that.  But in the last few weeks he's getting more wiggly and rolling more.  I'm not too worried. C was a slow baby to develop his gross motor skills but look at him now!  I've no doubt L will be the same way.
 L still suffers from goopy eyes.  I asked the doctor about it at our 6 month visit and she basically said wait and see.  So for now I continue to wipe his eyes multiple times a day and try to work out the gunk.  Which of course L loves, NOT.
 He's figured out use of his hands.  He loves to grab anything within reach and put it in his mouth.
I still haven't cut his hair.  I think about it at times because it really is so long! But it's so soft and cute.  I just want to enjoy it a bit more.
I am loving having a baby.  L is smiley and happy.  He plays with the kids and likes to be with people.  I love the way his face lights up when he sees me.  He is really just delightful!!

No comments: