Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Biz-Town

I got to go on a field trip with D this week.  We went to Biz-Town which is a culmination of an economics unit the 5th graders have been working on.  They have been learning about how to be a grown-up.  They had jobs, which they applied and interviewed for.  They had paychecks which had to be deposited at the bank before they could to shopping.  They had to run their businesses and pay their operating costs.  There was a tv station and newspaper, a mayor and city attorney.  I helped in the Biz-mart electronic store.  There was a utility company and health clinic.  There was even a branch of the humane society where kids could adopt stuffed pets.  All of these businesses were run by students.
Welcome to Biz-Town!





Applying for auto insurance at Allstate.  This rewarded him with a small toy car he gave to C.
Busy at work in Biz-Town.
Meeting with a CEO about ordering a sign.
D was a sign designer at International Sign Company.  Only after we were home did he inform me that I could have ordered a sign for him to design!
Geez mom! I'm trying to work!
 I was pretty anxious about going because it was an all day event so I'd have to leave the baby for 6 hours.  It worked out just fine and I'm so glad I went.  Turns out I was ridiculously proud and giddy whenever D would walk by.  He just looked so handsome and professional in his suit doing his job. I tried to play it cool so I wouldn't embarrass him too much but I think I lost my coolness after the 70th picture I took.  He took it well though.  And seriously, I loved getting to see him be a young professional for a few hours.  He loved Biz-Town too.  He wants me to sign him up for summer camp so he can do it for a whole week!

No comments: