Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Last night I took a trip....sort of...

For those of you who don't know, I've been having headaches for a couple of weeks now. I finally went to the doctor last week. I was hoping for an easy fix like an ear or sinus infection. Nope. As she put it, "Another new mom in need of a massage." (If only I could convince my insurance that it was indeed medically necessary!) So, tension, stress, fatigue, dehydration, all of the above. (Stress? Tension? REALLY?! Why would I possibly have stress and tension? I mean it isn't like I'm raising three small children in an even smaller two bedroom apartment while buying a home and planning a remodel of said home even thought underwriting is taking it's time under writing or whatever they do. Whew.)
Okay, back to my trip. So the doc gave me some heavy duty drugs in case I needed them. I took one that day and haven't used any since. Then last night I was feeling really bad. I decided the one I took had been so slow to do anything and hadn't been as effective as I wanted I would take two. It's okay, that's the actual recommended dose.
WOWSERS! My headache started going away about the time the dizziness started. Then the drowsiness set in accompanied by nausea and a sort of tunnel vision. I have vague and unclear memories from last night. I WILL NEVER TAKE TWO OF THOSE RIDICULOUS THINGS AGAIN! I can't even say the headache went away entirely because the medicine caused a different headache! Less painful, but still... I don't know what the deal is with this med but apparently I don't react to if very well. Good to know.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Dont you just love the HUGE headache that medicine gives you it really is a whole new kind of pain. I hope you are able to find something that will help you. For me it is eucalyptus oil mixed with water on a cold rag then put on my head. Dont put the oil directly on your skin cuz it burns. I dont know if its the smell of the oil or what but that has got rid of some pretty bad migrains not to mention it does wonders for colds. Good luck!