Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday!

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until the day was nearly over. Boo-hoo. I love Friday the 13th. It is a lucky day for me. I would have planned something fun with Roy had I known. That is the peril of not keeping track of the date. Well, one of the perils.

So today, we relaxed a bit after having such a busy day yesterday. Before our friends came, I asked D if he could show them one thing while they were here what would it be? He said, "The firetruck park!" That's what we did this morning. We played at the park for an hour and a half or so before coming back home for lunch.
After lunch, we put on our swim gear and headed out to the pond for some swimming and sand. (This weekend is turning into the weekend of sand. Yesterday they played in sand at the zoo, sand today, we plan to go to the beach tomorrow plus the sandbox in our backyard which is a constant draw!)
As you can see, the kids had another great day! To finish the day out, we pitched the tent in the backyard for the boys to sleep in. Val's daughter wanted to sleep out with them. She was pretty disappointed but recovered when we let her sleep in D's BIG BOY BED.

Funny story about the boys sleeping out. About 9:30 they came trooping in saying they wanted to sleep inside instead. Val and I took them back out and tucked them in. We were trying to talk it up, you know, "This is fun!" "You love this. It is fun!" They were telling us, "No, it isn't fun we want to go inside." It got to where we told them (basically), "This is fun. Now you will go to sleep and enjoy this because you are NOT coming inside." Funny thing, but they went to sleep after that.

After getting everyone to bed, Val and I ran to Target to get a new swimsuit for me. True story, I picked out my new swimsuit -- including trying it on -- in 5 minutes! We walked in the store at 9:55 p.m. I was in the dressing room re-dressing when they announced that Target was closed and we needed to check out. Not bad. And we only got reprimanded once for running through the store.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This was the best trip ever! We had so so much fun ;) I can't remember which pics were on the cd and which were emailed from my phone...did you get the cd yet?