Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Newest Pyatt

In an effort to keep the mice out of our garage, may I introduce Zibby!
We adopted her from the local animal shelter. The kids have taken an instant liking to her. Well, everyone but A. She isn't too sure about cats. At the shelter, we were playing with this sweet little kitten named Roy -- no, really. A was crawling around the little room we were in and the kitten just wanted to play with her. It would crawl under A and trying to wrap around her legs. I think the kitten just liked playing with something more its size. A, however, wanted nothing to do with the kitten. She kept pushing the kitten away and trying to escape. It was really very sweet and funny.

Alright, back from the tangent. We let Zibby stay in the downstairs bathroom for tonight. She was spayed earlier today and the shelter people asked us to keep her in. Roy and I were sitting out front watching the kids play. K went in. After a few minutes we decided to check on her and see what was going on. As soon as we opened the door, I could hear K sobbing. She was coming up the stairs saying something about the kitty. From the sound of her crying I was afraid the cat had attacked her or something. One look revealed that to not be the case. We scooped K up and tried to figure out what she was saying. She was saying, "My kitty fall down!" I went down to find the cat behind my washing machine. Turns out she had jumped on top of the washer and either fallen or jumped down behind. K was seriously traumatized. She just knew this was the end of her precious kitty. It really wasn't. I moved the ironing board and Zibby walked out of her own accord.
It was so sweet seeing the love that K has for this cat. I have never seen such concern or hysteria for another living creature from her. She's only three. Usually hysteria is saved for not getting her way!

K: sobbing, "My kitty fall down!"

No comments: