Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Friday, August 6, 2010

Girls Camp Finale

I know I said I would blog about the flood, but I just got too tired.
For a week.
So here is the condensed version of the remainder of girls camp.
Tuesday: girl sick, spends day in tent, everything else good, set up camp, la de dah
Wednesday: started sunny enough but by afternoon it was raining with thunder and lightning. Spent the afternoon/evening in the lodge. Girls sang, devotionals were shared, leaders served food stewardess-style. Meanwhile, outside, rivers were forming under tents, lodge was being trenched around, smallish lakes were forming midts campsites. Half our ward spent night in lodge with hodge-podge of other wards with stuff too wet for sleeping in. I master a tent of 7 12-13 year old girls with Goodnight Moon and other classics.
Thursday: hung my jeans out to dry along with many sleeping bags and such. Life is good. Girl goes home. Leaders sad.
Friday: Girl sick all night, sleeps in nurse's cabin all day. Sewer line starts bubbling in adjoining campsite -- PU!! Bishop comes- we all go canoeing. Much water is thrown. After dinner, the entire ward (sans a few leaders....not me...) jumps in the lake. Water is MUCH COLDER than I recall from canoeing. Dry off, devotional, testimony meeting, thunder and lightning threatens but doesn't pass directly over us.
Saturday: pack and go home!



There were some seriously amazing spiritual experiences mixed in there. I know the Lord was mindful of our camp. But that was HONESTLY the HARDEST girls camp I have EVER gone through. I love it and will be there next year (I hope). I just hope we can forgo the fire and flood.
some of our girls celebrating a leader's bday at camp

No comments: