Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday is a Special Day....

Today I bottled 28 quarts of pears with a friend.  And LOST four!  Four. Quarts. Of. Pears.  painful...
The fruit flies, which appear every year during canning season, have really blossomed today.  I went from having a few irritating flies here and there to a full swarm take over of my kitchen.
Those small black dots represent a small sampling of the fruit fly family reunion happening in my kitchen right now.
Roy was gone today.  He walked to the temple with the youth of our church.  They walked pretty near 26 miles.  Perhaps some of you remember when I did that last year.  Roy kept saying, "I knew I couldn't wash out.  Not after you did it last year."  Yeah, and it turned out I was pregnant at the time!  He made it -although it wasn't pretty.  A was laughing at daddy "walking like a baby".  Yeah, we're all full of sympathy up in here.

The kids had a great day.  D took off to a friend's house with instructions to return if his mom said no. I didn't see him for 5 hours.  K and A did their chores then had friends over to play.  Much fun was had by all.  It may take some time to recover the room from all the fun that was had.
Baby C man spent time playing, sleeping, eating, rolling and such baby things.  Just another day for him!

No comments: