Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dogs, Crayons and Rocking Chairs

Tonight D read to the dogs at our library tonight. He has done it once before but it has been a while. He read to a cute little shiz tzu dog named Guiness. He did so great and was thrilled.

In other news, I made this today. It is an experiement. I order crayon rolls for the kids in February from an Etsy shop. I wanted to put them in their Easter Baskets. Well, I still haven't received them. I've contacted the shop owner several times and each time she is very apologetic. I really don't think she is scamming me or anything. I think I just fell through the cracks due to some mistakes on both our parts. Anyway, now I am thinking I'd like to give the kids one for each of their stockings on Christmas. This was my trial. I learned that I really can't sew a straight line. Now I want to get some cute fabric and make one for each of the kids. If you want a tutorial check here. If you want send me some cute fabric, please feel free :)

A is so stinking sweet. She has recently (like in the last 4 days) decided maybe it isn't so bad to get rocked before going to bed. She has always been adverse to getting snuggled before put in her bed. She's been my kiddo who just wants to get in her bed and take care of things herself. The last few nights when I've gone it to put her to bed she has pointed to her rocking chair and grunted. This means she wants it. I also sing to her and if I stop singing before she's done listening she will hum little musical notes "mmmm-mmm". It is all very precious.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

How sweet! Neither of my boys were cuddlers in the least, so I'm hoping this one will be different that way. Good luck on the crayon rolls, that is a super cute idea.