Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My oven and other exciting things

Great news! My oven is working again! Our replacement part came in a day early so Roy and I spent the evening last night putting it in and (YIPEE) it works! Roy may have done the actual work but I want you all to know how vital my part was. After all, I was the one who *gasp* read the directions. I know, very edgy of me. I like to think he couldn't have done it without me. (Especially since he wasn't going to look at those directions.) Anyway, it's turkey and hot rolls tomorrow!

Today the kids and I made Oreo Turkeys. They are actually "Tuxedo" Turkeys because I bought the store brand cookie. If you have a Safeway nearby and like Oreo's give the Tuxedo's a try. I think they are just as good.
The kids were bouncing off the walls to get at all that sugar. We made two cookie packages worth. I let the kids pick some friends to take a cookie to. D picked several and K picked one. She wanted to take a cookie to 'Kenna next door. When she and D went to take their cookies over no one was home. By the time K got back with her turkey it was barely recognizable. Later the kids went to try again. I figured that turkey was done for when part of it fell off before she even got out the door. No one was home again and when K brought the pitiful little thing back we just buried it in the backyard. It was done for. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Here's a shot of how our turkeys turned out. Sorry for the blur. I am shopping for a new camera this holiday season.
I have spent hours online shopping for toys. Not just any toys -- one very, very specific toy. I keep hoping to find it on sale in one of the Black Friday or Cyber Monday ads but no such luck. If anyone has a brand-new-still-in-the-box Lego City Airport they would be willing to part with for less than $60 please let me know. I don't know what the girls are getting for sure. I have some ideas but.... yeah, we'll see. I also don't know what Christmas Tree Ornaments to get this year. I get a new one for each kid each year. I try to make it meaningful for the year they've had but I don't know what to do for the girls. I want to get D a starting school one. I've seen a few cute ones. But the girls....I don't know. Any ideas?

No comments: