Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who's Wyatt?


K has a new favorite show. It is Super Why on PBS. We don't actually get reception to PBS but we borrowed a Super Why DVD from the Library a few weeks ago. She has watched that thing more times than I care to remember. So lately she has changed her name. We will call her and she will say, "I'm not a ladybug. I'm Wyatt!" When she is being Wyatt she also refers to herself in 3rd person. For example, "Wyatt is getting his shoes."

She has taken to carrying around a small plastic magnifying glass that she calls her "alftabet letters" in honor of Alpha Pig. He uses a magnifying glass to find alphabet letters.

Don't worry, the madness goes on. She will walk around barefoot and when I tell her to put on shoes she informs me that she is wearing her blue Super Why shoes. Tonight she came down without a shirt on. Roy told her to got put on her pajama top and she responded that she was wearing her Super Why shirt. He told her she could just put her Super Why shirt over her pajamas but that she needed her pajama shirt on. As you can see, we've embraced the madness ourselves.

We had some rope out from getting the Christmas tree. K found it and was using it as her "Lucky Letter Lasso" also courtesy of Alpha Pig. She would ask me, "Mommy, where's the Q?" I had the good sense to point to some part of the room far away from me so as to put some distance between myself and the Lucky Letter Lasso!

Everyday there are hundreds of mentions of Super Why or Why-Fliers or Why-Highlighters or Zapping letters or well, you get the idea. It seems we will be living with Wyatt for some time to come.

No comments: