Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Birthday Gift = Barstools

For Roy's birthday he kept telling me that he either wanted barstools or floor mats for the van. He told me this several times. Until the day I asked him what he wanted after I had purchased his gift. That day he said he really just wanted me to not spend any money but leave it in the bank for paying off debt. Heh.

So these came and I picked them up. It is really had to keep a secret when you have to pick them up from the store with 3 kids in tow. *sigh* I did manage to keep him from actually seeing his gift until his birthday. That's something right?

One reason for not getting them out earlier was the seats. These barstools came with beautiful, brown, micro-fiber seats that would be toast within 3.32 minutes. I happened to have some clear vinyl laying around waiting for a good purpose. I had to buy a heavy-duty stapler (a whole story by itself... imagine trying to weigh the virtues of various hammers while keeping 3 young children from emptying every staple from every box or sword fight with crowbars.....) which became part of Roy's present. Nothing says love like buying something you want and giving it to your spouse for their birthday. Anyway...what was I saying?
Oh yea, so I used a blow dryer to heat the vinyl enough to make is pliable, molded it around the cushion and stapled those bad boys down.
I think they turned out quite nicely. People think the cushions came that way! That's a good sign.
Every meal since we got them has been eaten at the bar. I'm sure this will wear off.....eventually. In fact, here are two satisfied customers right now!
I love how A's chin barely clears the bar!

1 comment:

Jenn Harbertson said...

So, you prolly don't want to know that I have a heavy duty staple gun that you could use that I bought about a month ago...lol