Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Roy!


My DH turned 30 today! I am so lucky to be a part of his life. The kids and I have been getting his birthday ready for a while. BTW, kids can't keep secrets to save their lives! Roy has known what his present was since I picked it up with 3 small children in tow. (Barstools BTW)

I decided to make Roy and omlete for breakfast. This is his FAVORITE breakfast that he never gets because I don't like eggs and he's too busy to make it for himself in the morning.

Roy headed off to work and I headed out grocery shopping so I could make cinnamon rolls to take to his work. K and I made cinnamon rolls during A's nap and while D was at school. The amount of flour that one pair of jeans can hold is astounding. After D got home, we headed downtown to take still warm cinnamon rolls to the firm. They were a big hit. Everyone was very appreciative -- especially Roy. The kids and I rarely visit daddy at work (something about 3 young children at a law firm....) so it was an extra special surprise.

After Roy got home we had Honey Mustart Chicken and rice before sharing some delicious birthday S'mores. We had determined to forgo the ice cream cake this year owing to the enourmous sundae we ate over the weekend (see previous post). I got this s'more roaster and a Hersey Kiss fondue pot at Goodwill for $3.50 a while ago. I've been holding out for a special occasion to unveil it.

D helped himself to 3 s'mores! K really just wanted to marshmallow and chocolate. No roasting for her. And A missed this photo but she was running around trying to snake sugar wherever she could get it!

Roy swears it was a great birthday. He thanked us several times for making is so special. We love you, Daddy! Happy Birthday!!

No comments: