Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A bit over the top


D went to a Harry Potter themed birthday party. In an attempt to be cutsie, I made a covered notebook with the young women last night at our activity. I found a Hogwarts coat of arms online along with a HP logo. I printed these on scrapbook paper. Then I covered the notebook with other scrapbook paper (ModPodge!) before gluing the printed decorations down. This morning in a fit of insanity I decided to try to cover the spine of the spiral bound notebook with ribbon. I think it turned out okay. I can see where I messed up. Also, I know the ribbon is actually sewn wrong side out. Good thing it looks okay anyway! I took pictures to document it before turing it over to a 6 year old. I think we all know what will happen to it now....

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yeah.........maybe "over the top". But it's fun to do those kinds of things now and then.....just to see if we really can pull it off. The notebook looks great, BTW.