Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Roy, Sheena, D, K, A, C and L

Visit My Friend Melanie -- She's AMAZING!

melaniesmethodicalmusings

Our Family Photographer

Our Family Photographer
Marissa Gifford Photography

Sunday, March 27, 2011

You didn't know I was a Gourmet! Me either...

Yesterday was the General Young Women's Broadcast. The Stake YW leaders had printed fliers announcing there would be gourmet cupcakes afterward. Cool. Imagine my surprise when I got a call for the Stake YW Secretary informing me that each Ward YW Secretary would be providing the gourmet cupcakes. This afternoon I spent several hours with two young women helpers to prepare said cupcakes. I think they turned out pretty well. I'll have to see if I can get pictures from one of the girls because I didn't take any pictures myself. We made Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting (fluffiest batter EVER! like whipped cream) and Salted Caramel Cupcakes (didn't work as well as I'd hoped). I was super impressed with the cupcake selection there. I ended up trying a cupcake with cookie dough filling. It was good but way rich. I could have had 1/4 of it and been good. Someone brough S'more cupcakes with toasted marshmallow frosting. They looked professional! I didn't try one though. I held myself to one cupcake.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm impressed with your will power. Way to go.